Endocrine cancer develops in the tissues of the endocrine system. This system includes the areas like the thyroid, adrenal, pancreas, and pituitary gland. When people suffer from this cancer will notice the development of tumors that affect different body parts. Not only for adults, but it is also a serious disease for children.
Types of Endocrine Cancer
Endocrine cancers develop from the cells that generate hormones. Here the tumor generates hormones, and people suffer from a serious illnesses. There are different types of Endocrine cancers, including Adrenal gland cancer and Neuroendocrine tumor. Parathyroid tumor, etc.
Symptoms need to check
Individuals need to understand the basic symptoms of endocrine cancer to understand the necessary precautionary measures. But, again, people sometime may not experience any signs of this cancer. Well, the probable symptoms of this may include anxiety, confusion, diarrhea, depression, fever, nausea, headache, irritability, intestinal bleeding, etc.
Risk Factors of Endocrine Cancer
There are several factors that are considered risk factors. The probable risk factors are mentioned below-
- As per research, men are more likely to get diagnosed with Endocrine Cancer than women.
- Mainly men between the age of 40-60 years are more likely to get affected by this cancer.
Diagnose and treatment
An oncologist will carry out the necessary process to diagnose the treatment. The required process to diagnose the tumor is mentioned below.
- The first process to diagnose a tumor in any individual is Biopsy. The biopsy is the absolute method to diagnose cancer. Here the doctors examine tissue samples to check the presence of a tumor.
- The next diagnosis process is a blood and urine test. A blood test helps diagnose the presence of hormone levels in the blood and the existence of possible tumors.
- Experts suggest undergoing other diagnosis systems like CT scans, MRIs, and X-Ray to determine the tumor’s exact size.
About Dr. Sumit Shah – Oncologist in Pune
Dr. Sumit Shah is a highly experienced oncologist in Pune with 14 years of expertise in surgical oncology. He is the Founder of Prolife Cancer Centre and is the Chief Consultant, Surgical Oncologist & Laparoscopic Cancer Surgeon in Pune.
Dr. Sumit Shah pursued a super specialty course at the Cancer Centre Welfare Home and Res. Institute, Kolkata, and being awarded as the Best Outgoing Cancer Surgeon from his Institute, Dr. Shah is one of the Best Surgical Oncologist in Pune, India who possesses this recognized degree in Surgical Oncology.