Prolife Cancer Centre: Rectal Cancer Treatment in Pune
The rectum is the last several inches of the large intestine. It starts at the end of the final segment of your colon and ends when it reaches the short, narrow passage leading to the anus. Dr. Sumit Shah provides the best Rectal Cancer Treatment in Pune at Prolife Cancer Centre which is the famous cancer care cantre in Pune.
What Are the Symptoms of Rectal Cancer?
- A change in your bowel habits, such as diarrhea, constipation or more frequent bowel movements
- Redish blood in the stool
- Mucus in stool
- Weakness or tiredness
- Small stool
- Abdominal discomfort
- Painful bowel changes
- Iron deficiency anemia
- A feeling that your bowel doesn’t empty fully
- Unexpected weight loss
Rectal cancer occurs when healthy cells in the rectum produce errors in their DNA. In most cases, the cause of these errors is strange.
Healthy cells develop and divide in an orderly way to keep your body working normally. But when a cell’s DNA is destroyed and converts cancerous, cells remain to distribute — even when new cells aren’t required. As the cells accumulate, they form a tumor.
With time, the cancer cells can grow to attack and destroy healthy tissue nearby. And cancerous cells can move to other sections of the body.
- Surgery to remove the tumor.
- Radiation therapy
Rectal cancer is often diagnosed when a doctor order tests to find the cause of rectal bleeding or iron deficiency anemia. A colonoscopy is the most accurate of these tests. In a colonoscopy, a surgeon uses a light, flexible, bright tube with a video camera at its tip to see the inside of your colon and rectum.
Sometimes rectal cancer has no detectable signs. When people screening colonoscopy — that is, a colonoscopy recommended at age 50 for everyone with an average risk of rectal cancer.
Gastrointestinal Cancer Types
- Address 387/5, New Timber Market, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru Marg, Opposite to Oswal Bandhu Samaj Karayalaya, Seven Loves Chouk, Bhavani Peth Pune, Maharashtra 411042.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone +91-9607079019, +91-9607079029