Prolife Cancer Centre - Vaginal Cancer Clinic in Pune
What is Vulvar & Vaginal Cancer?
The vulva is the external portion of the female genitals. The vulva includes the opening of the vagina. Vulva or vaginal cancer is a rare cancer that occurs in the vagina- the muscular tube that connects uterus with outer genitals. Vaginal cancer most commonly occurs in the cells that line the surface of the vagina. Prolife Cancer Centre provides the best Vulvar Cancer treatment in Pune. Prolife is the best Vaginal Cancer Clinic in Pune.
Types of Vulvar & Vaginal Cancer
- Vaginal squamous cell carcinoma: it begins in the thin, flat cells (squamous cells) that line the surface of the vagina, and is the most common type.
- Vaginal adenocarcinoma: it begins in the glandular cells on the surface of vagina.
- Vaginal melanoma: it develops in the pigment-producing cells (melanocytes) of vagina.
- Vaginal sarcoma: it develops in the connective tissue cells or muscles cells in the walls of vagina.
Vulvar & Vaginal Cancer Risk Factors
- Family history of Vulvar & Vaginal Cancer or polyps.
- Genetic cancer symptoms such as hereditary nonpolyposis Vulvar & Vaginal Cancer symptoms or familial adenomatous polyposis.
- Incendiary bowel condition.
- Shortage of exercise.
- Unsecure sex
- Cigarette smoking – If you have smoked cigarettes for a high time you are more likely to grow and die from Vulvar & Vaginal Cancer.
- Heavy intake of alcohol may raise your chance of Vulvar & Vaginal Cancer.
What are the symptoms of Vulvar & Vaginal Cancer?
The first sign is usually a lump or ulcer in vagina, possibly with itching, irritation, or bleeding. Early diagnosis improves the outlook.
- painful sexual intercourse
- pain and burning
- dark discoloration in cases of melanoma
- painful urination
- persistent itching
- rawness and sensitivity
- wart-like growths
- thickened skin
These signs usually do not mean you have Vulvar & Vaginal Cancer. But if you see one or more of them for more than two weeks, consult your doctor.
- Address 557A1/15C Gultekadi, Market Yard Pune, Maharashtra 411037
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone +91-9607079019, +91-9607079029
The doctor will evaluate the vulva. If doctor will find any ulcer, lump, or a mass that looks suspicious, he will suggest a biopsy.
- Proctoscopy: The rectum is examined to check whether the cancer has spread to the rectal wall.
- Cystoscopy: The bladder is examined to determine whether the cancer has spread to that area.
- Endoscopic tests, which may include:
- Colonoscopy: A longer version of a sigmoidoscope, a colonoscope can view at the entire colon.
- Biopsy: Tissue biopsy is used during colonoscopy from any suspicious region. A tiny piece of tissue is removed with a special tool passed through the scope. The sample is sent to the pathology lab for examination by a pathologist who looks for cancer cells in the specimen.
- CT or CAT (computed axial tomography) scan
- MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) scan
- PET/CT (positron emission tomography) scan
- Virtual colonoscopy or CT (computed tomography) colonoscopy
- Double-contrast barium enema (DCBE): Barium is a chemical that provides the bowel wall to show up on an X-ray. A barium solution is given by enema, and then a set of X-rays is taken.
- Blood test for carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA): CEA is a protein, or tumor marker, made by some harmful tumors. This examination also can be used to see out if the tumor is developing or has come back after treatment.
Stage 0 or Carcinoma in situ:
The cancer is only on the surface of the skin.
The cancer is limited to the vulva or perineum and is up to 2 centimeters in size.
The same as stage 1, but the tumor is at least 2 centimeters in size.
The cancer has reached nearby tissue, such as the anus or vagina, and it may have reached the lymph nodes.
The cancer has reached the lymph nodes on both sides of the groin, and it may have reached the bowel, the bladder, or the urethra, the passage through which urine leaves the body.
Prolife Cancer Centre - Vaginal Cancer Clinic in Pune
- Radiation therapy
Your Vulvar & Vaginal Cancer treatment at Prolife may include one or more of the following therapies:
Healing from Surgery
Most people who have colon cancer surgery heal without any problems. These people go home within 2-to-4 days. A fewer number of patients may have a slower recovery and need to wait for a little more.
A surgeon will give you guidance on how to take care of yourself, including your surgery, bathing, driving, and sexual activity. There will be information about yourself:
- Pain medicine
- Bowel movements
- not smoking
- practicing safe sex
- HPV vaccination
After Treatment, you will be given a Daily Goals Checklist. Use that checklist to understand how you are doing every day.
While you are in the hospital, you will have regular aims to help you recover. These aims include:
- Getting out of bed and being active
- Eating and drinking
- Controlling your pain
After you’ve completed your treatments for Vulvar & Vaginal Cancer, follow-up care is very essential. Routine checkups can help find any changes in your health, and if cancer comes back (or “recurs”), it can be treated as soon as possible.
If your treatment has finished, follow-up appointments maybe every 3−6 months for the first couple of years and 6−12 months for the following 5 years.
Your doctor may check your CEA level before you begin treatment and again after treatment to understand if it has come down. Many doctors suggest a colonoscopy test within 6 months after Vulvar & Vaginal Cancer surgery.
Doctors recommend CT scans of the chest, abdomen, and pelvis n a daily schedule for 3 years in people who are at high risk for recurrence.
At Prolife Cancer Center, your Vulvar & Vaginal Cancer treatment is personalized to give the best results, while concentrating on your quality of life. Prolife Cancer Centre provides the best Urinary Bladder Cancer Treatment in Pune. We offer the best minimally invasive laparoscopic surgery for that provide successful treatment with less impact on you.
Prolife offers unique options. Our globally renowned team of physicians shows your treatment for the most benefit while reducing the impact on your body.
Dr. Sumit Shah is expertise in treating Vulvar & Vaginal Cancerat prolife cancer centre, Which is the best Vaginal Cancer Clinic in Pune. We offer the best Laparoscopic surgery treatment for ovarian cancer also chemotherapy and targeted therapy options.