Legal & Financial Impacts of Cancer
Financial Impacts of Cancer
Cancer treatment can be very expensive, even if you have health insurance. For many cancer survivors, the cost of diagnosis and treatment can have a lasting financial impact. Here are some of the financial issues faced by cancer survivors:
- Cancer treatment costs not covered by insurance and other out-of-pocket payments can result in significant debt that lasts long after treatment has ended.
- Survivors who can no longer work will lose health, disability and life insurance benefits provided by their employer.
- Difficulty finding a job that offers health, disability, and life insurance benefits.
- Some insurance companies may not pay for cancer treatments that they consider experimental, such as treatments done as part of a clinical trial.
- Patients who receive treatment outside their hometown or state face additional costs of travel, lodging, meals and other living expenses.
Advance Care Planning
It’s important that your family knows your wishes in case you become unable to make health care decisions for yourself. Completing advance directives is one way for you to make your wishes known about medical treatment.
- Address 387/5, New Timber Market, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru Marg, Opposite to Oswal Bandhu Samaj Karayalaya, Seven Loves Chowk, Bhavani Peth Pune, Maharashtra 411042.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone +91-9607079019, +91-9607079029