Dr. Rahul Kulkarni - Oncologist
He did his M.D Medicine from prestigious B.J.Medical College and Sasoon Hospital, Pune and has done his DM in Medical and Pediatric Oncology and Hemat-oncology from Gujarat Cancer Research Institute, Ahmedabad which is an Apex regional Cancer center in India and one of the largest Cancer center in Asia. He has pursued post graduate diploma in Geriatric Medicine(PGDGM) from IGNOU, New Delhi. He has also cleared ESMO Examination and has received European Society certification in Medical Oncology(ECMO).He has presented various papers and has numerous publications in national and international journals. His areas of special interest include breast cancer, lung, colon and GI cancers, neuroendocrine tumours, gynac and genitourinary cancers, lymphoma, myeloma and other hematolymphoid malignancies
Experience Summary and Skills:
- Extensive 3 years of experience in diagnosis, staging and treatment of all types of solid (Head and Neck, Lung, Breast, Gastrointestinal, Hepatobiliary, Genitourinary, Bone malignancies, Sarcomas, CNS) and hematological malignancies(AML,ALL,APML,CML,CLL, Myeloma and lymphomas) during DM Medical Oncology Residency at GCRI Ahmedabad(Tertiary/Regional Cancer Centre).
- Post DM ( Medical Oncology ) 5 years experience as independent Consultant Medical Oncologist at Sahyadri Group of Hospitals, Pune and other Multispeciality Hospitals in Pune. Successfully treated all types of solid and hematological cancers over last 5 years of practice.
- Confident in administration of all types of chemotherapies, biological therapies and targeted therapies, Immunotherapies and management of oncological emergencies and chemotherapy complications.
- Experience as a Coinvestigator in Randomised Clinical Trial and acquired basic knowledge of ICH-Good Clinical Practice. Keen interest in research, publications and presentations
- Always open to adapt new and changing treatment strategies to keep abreast with recent advances.
- Highly motivated and dedicated for compassionate patient care. Good inter-personal skills and committed for team work and development and expansion of Oncology Unit.
- Oral Paper & Poster presentation at Asia Pacific Neuroendocrine Tumour society(APNETS) international conference at Mumbai Nov 2017- “A clinical and epidemiological profile of Neuroendocrine tumours-An experience from western India”
- Oral Paper presentation at 39 th APGCON, Surat Dec 2016- “A retrospective analysis of Induction outcome of Acute Promyelocytic leukemia (APML) at GCRI- A stitch in time saves nine!!”
- Poster presentation at 57 th HEMATOCON Nov 2016- ‘A Retrospective Study of Transplant Related Mortality in patients undergoing bone marrow transplantation at GCRI Ahmedabad: Extracting Positives from the negative!
- Poster presentation at International Symposium on Recent Trends in Cancer Research Nov 2014- ‘A Case of Interdigitating Dendritic cell Tumour’
Conferences and Workshop:
- Hematology Update, Ahmedabad, November 2014
- Young medical oncologists meet, Hyderabad, November 2015
- Management of Ovarian Cancer, SPEAK, Mumbai, December 2015
- Management of prostate cancer, SPEAK, Mumbai, December 2016
- Masterclass on Research Presentation and Publication, Ahmedabad, 2016
- ICH-GCP Refresher Training workshop,Ahmedabad,2015
- Hematocon, Jaipur, November 2016
- 39 th annual conference of Association of Physicians of Gujarat, 2016