Mesothelioma is aggressive cancer that affects the lining of the lungs, heart, or abdomen. Caused by the inhalation of asbestos fibers, mesothelioma is often diagnosed in older individuals who worked with asbestos products.
What Are the Symptoms of Mesothelioma Cancer?
- Lower back or chest pain
- Persistent coughing
- Coughing up blood (hemoptysis)
- Difficulty swallowing (dysphagia)
- Shortness of breath (dyspnea)
- Fluid buildup around the lungs (pleural effusion)
- Abdominal pain and swelling
- Fluid buildup (peritoneal effusion)
- Bowel obstruction
- Nausea and vomiting
- Difficulty breathing
- Weakness and loss of appetite
- Unexplained weight loss
- Shipyard workers
- Construction workers
- Machine workers
- Boiler workers
- Demolition crews
- Steel mill workers
- Asbestos product manufacturers
- Power plant workers
- Railroad workers
- Auto shop workers
- Floor installers
- Mill workers
- nsulation installers
- Oil refinery workers
- Radiation therapy
- Removal of fluid between the lungs and the chest
- Pericardial window
- Palliative care
- Palliative Medicine
- Occupational Medicine Doctor
Diagnosing mesothelioma isn’t always easy, for physicians or patients. In addition to analyzing symptoms, diagnosis typically includes detailed observation of medical history and physical examinations, several imaging scans, blood tests, and biopsies. With continued research into mesothelioma diagnosis and treatment, specialists are uncovering new methods to potentially aid the diagnosis process.
Diagnostic tests are the key way to identify and diagnose mesothelioma. The three most common types of types include imaging scans, blood tests, and tissue biopsies. Doctors will typically start with imaging scans, as they are the least invasive, and follow up with additional tests if they are warranted and viable based on the patient’s condition.
Head and Neck Cancer Types
- Address 387/5, New Timber Market, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru Marg, Opposite to Oswal Bandhu Samaj Karayalaya, Seven Loves Chouk, Bhavani Peth Pune, Maharashtra 411042.
- Email email@example.com
- Phone +91-9607079019, +91-9607079029