Urinary Bladder Cancer
Bladder cancer is one of the most common cancers, affecting approximately 68,000 adults in the United States each year. Bladder cancer occurs in men more frequently than it does in women and usually affects older adults, though it can happen at any age.
Bladder cancer most often begins in the cells (urothelial cells) that line the inside of your bladder — the hollow, muscular organ in your lower abdomen that stores urine. Although it's most common in the bladder, this same type of cancer can occur in other parts of the urinary tract drainage system.
What Are the Symptoms of Urinary Bladder Cancer?
- Blood in urine (hematuria)
- Painful urination
- Pelvic pain
- Back pain
- Frequent urination
- Smoking and other tobacco use
- Exposure to chemicals, especially working in a job that requires exposure to chemicals
- Past radiation exposure
- Chronic irritation of the lining of the bladder
- Parasitic infections, especially in people who are from or have traveled to certain areas outside the United States
- Chemotherapy in the bladder (intravesical chemotherapy)
- Radiation therapy
- Transurethral resection of bladder tumor (TURBT)
- Chemotherapy for the whole body (systemic chemotherapy)
- Neobladder reconstruction
- Ileal conduit
- Radiation therapy
- Bladder preservation
- Urine cytology. A sample of your urine is analyzed under a microscope to check for cancer cells in a procedure called urine cytology.
- Biopsy. During cystoscopy, your doctor may pass a special tool through the scope and into your bladder to collect a cell sample (biopsy) for testing. This procedure is sometimes called transurethral resection of bladder tumor (TURBT). TURBT can also be used to treat bladder cancer.
- Cystoscopy. To perform cystoscopy, your doctor inserts a small, narrow tube (cystoscope) through the urethra. The cystoscope has a lens that allows your doctor to see the inside of your urethra and bladder, to examine these structures for signs of disease.
- Address 387/5, New Timber Market, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru Marg, Opposite to Oswal Bandhu Samaj Karayalaya, Seven Loves Chouk, Bhavani Peth Pune, Maharashtra 411042.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone +91-9607079019, +91-9607079029