Cancer has become one of the most common diseases that cause yearly deaths. That is why being careful and looking after your body is highly essential. Prostate cancer is a type of cancer that develops in the prostate of the human body. Some of them can cause very less harm, whereas some other types can be life-threatening.
What are the symptoms of Prostate cancer?
You may not notice any symptoms when the cancer is in the earlier stages. It may have the following symptoms later:
- Problem urinating – You might have trouble urinating and notice blood in it.
- Weight changes – In such a condition, you may notice a drastic change in your appetite and weight. It may reduce to a large extent.
- Pain in the bones – You might have pain in the pelvic area, hips, and lower back.
- Problems in ejaculation – It might become very painful for you to ejaculate semen. You might also have erectile dysfunction in some cases.
How is this condition treated?
The treatment process begins after the tests have been conducted. The doctor analyses the patient’s condition and considers various factors such as cancer stage, age, medical history, etc. Based on this analysis, the doctor starts the treatment via various methods. The treatment might be exhausting and time-consuming, but it is important to trust the process.
Therefore, the treatment is always based on personal analysis. The following are some of the methods your doctor can opt for treating you:
- Radiation therapy
- Focal therapies
- Surgery (Radical prostatectomy, bilateral orchiectomy, etc.)
- Hormonal therapy
Leading a healthy life requires responsibility and dutifully taking care of your body. Therefore, always look for changes in your body and seek treatment from the best doctors, such as Dr. Sumit Shah in Pune.