Chemo, short for “chemotherapy,” is a drug-based method of treating cancer. Like malignant cells, it specifically goes for rapidly replicating cells in the body. Chemotherapy destroys cancer cells, but it also damages certain healthy organs and cells. This causes people to have unfavorable chemotherapy side effects. Several forms of adverse reactions have been linked to chemotherapy by Dr.Sumit Shah, a specialist at the chemotherapy Hospital in Pune.
Most people recover quickly after chemotherapy, but some people may have long-lasting consequences. In most cases, your doctor will give you an estimate of the severity of any potential adverse reactions. These are some of the most frequent adverse reactions to chemotherapy that people experience:
- Constipation and another gastrointestinal issues
- Problems Conceiving
- Distinct alterations to hair, nails, and skin
- The Erosion of Memory
- Changing hormone levels and the onset of menopause
- Throat and mouth pains
- Absence of hunger
Mental illness, including sadness and anxiety, may have a significant impact on one’s cognitive functioning. The possible negative effects of chemotherapy vary from patient to patient. Oncologists and other specialists are more equipped to fight these adverse effects today. Here are some suggestions made by these professionals for dealing with Chemotherapy’s negative effects:
- To lose weight, it’s better to eat many little meals throughout the day than three large ones.
- If you’re feeling nauseous, it may be best to avoid eating anything very pungent.
- Make sure you get a good night’s sleep and some downtime.
- Integrate some modest exercise and mindfulness practices into your everyday routine.
- Engage your intellect by learning something new, going to lectures, or even just doing puzzles.
- Some research suggests that acupuncture might assist with fatigue after Chemotherapy, so it’s something to think about trying.
- Keep all of your appointments, contacts, and tasks organized and easy to recall with the help of a daily planner.
- Always follow your doctor’s instructions while taking drugs.
- If your doctor tells you to do anything, do it.
In addition to them, you should update your doctor on your recovery or chemotherapy side effects after the chemotherapy treatment in Pune by Dr.Sumit Shah every so often. Keep a log of your symptoms and discuss them with your doctor. Your health care team can then better assist you and provide you comfort as a result. If you are looking for a good Chemotherapy specialist in Pune, get in touch with Dr.Sumit Shah.
About Dr. Sumit shah
Dr. Sumit Shah has treated thousands of patients suffering from Cancer. He is one of the few oncologists in Pune who perform Minimal Access (keyhole) Surgery to offer his patients a smooth & pain-free recovery from Cancer. He is a highly experienced Oncologist in Pune with 14 years of expertise in surgical oncology. He is the Founder of Prolife Cancer Centre and is the Chief Consultant, Surgical Oncologist & Laparoscopic Cancer Surgeon in Pune.
Having pursued a super specialty course at the Cancer Centre Welfare Home and Res. Institute, Kolkata, and being awarded as the Best Outgoing Cancer Surgeon from his Institute, Dr. Shah is one of the Best Surgical Oncologist in Pune, India who possesses this recognized degree in Surgical Oncology.